Tips on Wearing Eye Make-Up with Contact Lenses
Many women choose to wear contact lenses but have questions about how to apply their eye make-up when wearing contacts.
We have several simple tips and tricks to make enhancing your eyes with make-up easy regardless of if you wear contact lenses.
Follow These Make-Up Tips
- Always wash and dry your hands before touching your eyes or your contact lenses.
- You should always insert your contact lenses before you apply your eye make-up. Always remove your contact lenses before you remove your eye make-up.
- Never apply eyeliner to the inner part of your eyelid.
- When applying powder eyeshadow, keep your eye closed and brush off any excess before opening your eye.
- If you use cream eyeshadow, be careful not to get it into your eyes. Always use a water-based cream eyeshadow if you choose to use cream instead of powder.
- Use hypoallergenic make-up products to help avoid irritation of your eyes.
- Make-up brushes, particularly those used around your eyes, should be washed once per week and left to air dry.
- Cosmetics do have expiration dates. Generally, eye make-up such as eyeliner and mascara should be discarded at least every three months to avoid introducing bacteria to the eyes.
If your eyes are irritated from cosmetic use, do not wear your contact lenses. If irritation remains, see your optometrist for an eye exam.
How Long Does It Take to Adjust to Contact Lenses: Some may take a little longer than others to adjust to wearing contact lenses. For most, the transition is easy.
Advantages of Ordering Contact Lenses Online: Other than the obvious time savings, there are other advantages to buying contact lenses online.
Can I Lose a Contact Lens in My Eye? Find out about this scenario when you wear contact lenses.