Spicy Chickpea and Potato Curry
Your eyes need zinc. Here’s the tastiest way to get it.
If you know chickpeas only from the ho-hum salad bar, you’re missing out on the full range of their flavor versatility. These little beans are the MVPs of Middle Eastern kitchens for a reason—they taste great roasted, sautéed, marinated, cooked to a crisp, or smashed and ready to dip.
But even more important, you’re missing out on a delicious way to boost your vision.
Chickpeas are packed with zinc, a mineral that helps support the immune system and combat the inflammation that can lead to age-related macular degeneration—one of the leading causes of vision loss worldwide.
When you dive a fork into this spicy curry you’ll get a bold, flavorful meal that’s comforting and filling. And P.S., the leftovers only improve overnight in the fridge. Now that’s something we can all dig into.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high.
- Add the onion and carrot and cook, stirring, until softened, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic, jalapeño, curry powder, and cumin, and cook until fragrant (about 1 more minute).
- Add the potatoes, chickpeas, tomatoes, and vegetable stock, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook, partially covered, until the potatoes are tender and the curry is slightly reduced, about 30 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with cooked rice or flatbread.
Saturated fat: 0.7g
2 tablespoons of canola oil
1 large onion, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
4 clove garlics, minced
1 minced jalapeño
2 tablespoons of curry powder
1 teaspoon of ground cumin
2 gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 cans of chickpeas (15-ounce), drained and rinsed
2 cans of (15-oz) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
2 cups of vegetable stock
2 tablespoons of cilantro, chopped
Quality Eye Care You Can Afford!
The mission at America’s Best is to deliver the best value in eye care and eyewear at the low prices America deserves. Our 700 locations are staffed by professional optometrists and equipped with state-of-the-art technology. Find your your nearest location or schedule an eye exam.
Take advantage of any of our 2 pair deals and your eye exam* is completely free!