Roasted Salmon with Cherry Tomato and Cucumber Salad
Delicious, easy to make, and packed with eye-healthy nutrients? Meet your new go-to fish dish
Fess up: You know you don't eat enough fish. Popcorn shrimp and fried fish tacos don't count! We're talking about the kind of cold-water fish like salmon that can help keep your eyes (and the rest of you) healthy.
One serving of salmon provides plenty of vitamin D, a nutrient that has been shown to ward off dry eye syndrome. This dish also delivers those inflammation-slaying omega-3 fatty acids you've heard so much about. Research suggests that eating fish at least twice a week can lower your chances of developing age-related macular degeneration by more than a third.
When you put it that way, salmon has never looked so good.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Serving Size: 1 filet
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Brush the salmon fillets with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and arrange in a baking dish. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Roast in the oven until the salmon is cooked through and flakes easily when pierced with a fork, about 8 to 12 minutes.
- While the salmon is cooking, make the salad: Combine the cherry tomatoes, cucumber, oregano leaves, white wine vinegar and remaining olive oil in a mixing bowl, and toss. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Arrange the salmon fillets on a serving platter, top with the salad, and serve immediately.
Saturated fat: 1.9g
4 (3 ounces each) of salmon fillet
4 tablespoons, divided of olive oil
2 cups of cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cup of cucumber, diced
2 tablespoons of fresh oregano, leaves removed and chopped
2 teaspoons of white wine vinegar
to taste, Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Quality Eye Care You Can Afford!
The mission at America’s Best is to deliver the best value in eye care and eyewear at the low prices America deserves. Our 600 locations are staffed by professional optometrists and equipped with state-of-the-art technology. Find your your nearest location or schedule an eye exam.
Take advantage of any of our 2 pair deals and your eye exam* is completely free!