Eye Care To Know About!
The importance of a dilated eye exam
Why dilation? Dilation allows the eye doctor to get a much better view of your retina, optic nerve and blood vessels in the back of the eye. This is a very important part of your preventive health care.
Diabetes and Eye Health
Did you know that diseases such as diabetes and high blood pressure are often first discovered during the dilated eye exam?
Things to mention to your eye doctor
- Floaters and / or flashes
- Occasional blur or blackout
- Head injury
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Peripheral vision problems
- History of cuts or injuries to the eye
- Unexplained eye pain or redness
- HIV-positive or AIDS
For more information about eye health please visit here for a list of outside sources.