Tips on Wearing Eye Make-Up with Contact Lenses
Many women choose to wear contact lenses but have questions about how to apply their eye make-up when wearing contacts.
We have several simple tips and tricks to make enhancing your eyes with make-up easy regardless of if you wear contact lenses.
Follow These Make-Up Tips
- Always wash and dry your hands before touching your eyes or your contact lenses.
- You should always insert your contact lenses before you apply your eye make-up. Always remove your contact lenses before you remove your eye make-up.
- Never apply eyeliner to the inner part of your eyelid.
- When applying powder eyeshadow, keep your eye closed and brush off any excess before opening your eye.
- If you use cream eyeshadow, be careful not to get it into your eyes. Always use a water-based cream eyeshadow if you choose to use cream instead of powder.
- Use hypoallergenic make-up products to help avoid irritation of your eyes.
- Make-up brushes, particularly those used around your eyes, should be washed once per week and left to air dry.
- Cosmetics do have expiration dates. Generally, eye make-up such as eyeliner and mascara should be discarded at least every three months to avoid introducing bacteria to the eyes.
How Long Does It Take to Adjust to Contact Lenses: Some may take a little longer than others to adjust to wearing contact lenses. For most, the transition is easy.
Advantages of Ordering Contact Lenses Online: Other than the obvious time savings, there are other advantages to buying contact lenses online.
Can I Lose a Contact Lens in My Eye? Find out about this scenario when you wear contact lenses.
*In certain states, eye exams are provided by independent Doctors of Optometry or Ophthalmology. Eye exam regularly $45 without the two pair offer. Two pair purchase required for FREE eye exam offer.