FAQ: Try On Powered by Ditto
- What is a DITTO™?
- Can I just upload a photo of myself?
- My webcam will not allow me to start the DITTO™ process. What do I do?
- When I click ‘Get Started,’ I find a blank screen. What is the problem?
- What are the technical requirements to create my DITTO™?
- What are some tips on creating my DITTO™?
- I keep getting an error message. What do I do now?
- Can I create a DITTO™ on my mobile device?
- What are the advantages of creating a DITTO™ when purchasing eyewear?
- Can I create more than one DITTO™?
- Can I share my DITTO™ with my friends?
What is a DITTO™?
DITTO™ is the name for a webcam video of your face so you can virtually try on glasses to see if they fit and look great before buying. Creating your DITTO™ takes about a minute. There are 4 simple steps:
1. Allow your webcam to be accessed so a short video can be recorded of you.
2. Center your head in the facial grid.
3. Follow the pacer as you slowly turn your head from side to side.
4. Hold up any plastic card in your wallet (like a library card or loyalty card) against your forehead. Every plastic card in your wallet is the same size so the technology uses that standardized object to accurately size the glasses on your face.
Can I just upload a photo of myself?
In order to get a 180° view of your face, a video is recorded so you will need a webcam in order to create your DITTO™. A webcam is a camera device integrated with, or connected to, your computer. It functions as a live video recorder and is used to create your DITTO™ so you can virtually try on glasses.
My webcam will not allow me to start the DITTO™ process. What do I do?
Find www.americasbest.com in the box in the top, right corner and click to highlight it
Click the circle that says “always allow”.
This will always allow your webcam to work on the America’s Best site.
When I click ‘I’m Ready,’ I find a blank screen. What is the problem?
The technology runs on Adobe Flash so if you are seeing a blank screen, you probably do not have Adobe Flash installed on your computer or your version is outdated.
You can download Adobe Flash onto a laptop or computer from this link→ https://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html
What are the technical requirements to create my DITTO™?
1. Right now, you can only create a DITTO™ on a laptop or computer. DITTO™ will have a fully mobile website accessible on a mobile browser via the iPad, iPhone, Android, and other tablets soon.
2. Make sure your laptop or computer has a webcam. It can be built in or attached separately.
3. The technology requires Adobe Flash version 10 or higher. You can get the latest version here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
4. The technology is supported by Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Internet Explorer Version 10 and higher.
What are some tips on creating my DITTO™?
1. Make sure you have even lighting on your entire face. Facing a window is a great way to get nice, natural light on your face. Good lighting helps the technology detect your features more accurately and will give you better information about the coloring of the glasses on your face.
2. Turn smoothly and slowly from side to side. This helps the technology detect your features accurately and gives you a nice range of motion when you are viewing your DITTO™ later.
3. Look into the webcam when you are turning side to side. This way your DITTO™ won’t be looking down.
I keep getting an error message. What do I do now?
First, try adjusting your lighting. Again, make sure you are in a well-lit room with even lighting on your face. Then, make sure you have the latest version of the browser you are using. Check to see if there are any updates needed.
If all is good, and you are still getting an error message when creating your DITTO™, try using a different browser. For best results, Chrome or Firefox s recommended.
Can I create a DITTO™ on my mobile device?
While you can view the DITTO™ on your mobile device, you can’t create a DITTO™...yet. A fully mobile website will be accessible on a mobile browser via all phones and tablets, including iPhone, iPad, and Android devices very soon!
What are the advantages of creating a DITTO™ when purchasing eyewear?
1. You can wear your glasses while (virtually) trying on eyewear in-store.
2. See extra angles (90 degrees more).
3. Better comparison views of glasses.
4. Coming soon - Sharing images with friends for style advice or post to social media can be fun.
Can I create more than one DITTO™?
Right now, only one DITTO™ can be stored at a time. You can recreate your DITTO™ as many times as you’d like to make sure it’s absolutely perfect. Then, you can use your DITTO™ to try on as many pairs of glasses as you’d like.
Can I share my DITTO™ with my friends?
We are working on allowing you to share your DITTO. Please look for the share buttons soon.
*In certain states, eye exams are provided by independent Doctors of Optometry or Ophthalmology. Eye exam regularly $45 without the two pair offer. Two pair purchase required for FREE eye exam offer.